This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: dvips(k) and popen
- To: "apps, Cygwin" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: dvips(k) and popen
- From: Jerome BENOIT <JGMBenoit at Wanadoo dot fr>
- Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 08:43:53 +0100
- References: <3AA76755.9899FFE0@Wanadoo.fr>
No patch is needed,
we have to type something like that:
dvips sample2e.dvi -o \|gv
dvips sample2e.dvi -o \!gv
Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> Hello !
> I plan to make teTeX available under cygwin distribution (contrib)
> in few days.
> Before to upload I woud like to fix the popen misbehaviour
> of dvips(k):
> 1] if my ~/.dvipsrc has the line `o | gv' [where gv can read pipes],
> when I type `dvips sample2e.dvi' the dvips output is effectivelly
> 2] but if my ~/.dvipsrc has the line `o';
> when I type `dvips sample2e.dvi -o ! gv' I got strange behaviours.
> Has anyone get a patch that fix it ?
> Thanks in advance,
> Jerome BENOIT