This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: dvips(k) and popen
- To: Jerome BENOIT <JGMBenoit at Wanadoo dot fr>
- Subject: Re: dvips(k) and popen
- From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <Dr dot Volker dot Zell at oracle dot com>
- Date: 08 Mar 2001 14:55:00 +0100
- Cc: "apps, Cygwin" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- References: <3AA76755.9899FFE0@Wanadoo.fr>
>>>>> "Jerome" == Jerome BENOIT <JGMBenoit@Wanadoo.fr> writes:
Jerome> Hello !
Jerome> I plan to make teTeX available under cygwin distribution (contrib)
Jerome> in few days.
Jerome> Before to upload I woud like to fix the popen misbehaviour
Jerome> of dvips(k):
Jerome> 1] if my ~/.dvipsrc has the line `o | gv' [where gv can read pipes],
Jerome> when I type `dvips sample2e.dvi' the dvips output is effectivelly
Jerome> 2] but if my ~/.dvipsrc has the line `o';
Jerome> when I type `dvips sample2e.dvi -o ! gv' I got strange behaviours.
Jerome> Has anyone get a patch that fix it ?
In my case, both cases work just fine, but I have to specify gv -
instead of just gv.
My gv only reads from standard in if I specify gv -
o gv-3.5.8 - http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gv/index.html
I also tried with
o ghostview-1.5 - ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu:/pub/gnu/ghostview/
It works the same as gv.
Jerome> Thanks in advance,
Jerome> Jerome BENOIT