This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: error compiling gd-1.8.3 under cygwin-1.1.7
- To: Thomas Boutell <boutell at vader dot boutell dot com>
- Subject: Re: error compiling gd-1.8.3 under cygwin-1.1.7
- From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <Dr dot Volker dot Zell at oracle dot com>
- Date: 02 Feb 2001 07:52:53 +0100
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.95.1010201102210.11386Bfirstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Boutell <email@example.com> writes:
Thomas> On 1 Feb 2001, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
>> I tried compiling gd-1.8.3 but get the following error:
>> gcc -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/freetype -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11 -O -DHAVE_XPM -DHAVE_JPEG -DHAVE_LIBTTF -c -o gd_jpeg.o gd_jpeg.c
>> gd_jpeg.c: In function `gdImageCreateFromJpegCtx':
>> gd_jpeg.c:347: structure has no member named `progressive_mode'
>> Any hints ? I'm using jpeg-6b.
Thomas> Sounds like you have a very old version of the jpeg library header files
Thomas> somewhere in your include directories.
I found my mistake. I'm using jpeg-6b but with the lossless jpeg patch applied. Actually this patch
removes the definition of progressive_mode. :-(
The lossless jpeg libs and headers are standard now in the cygwin emnvironment.