This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 08:55:45 -0700
- Subject: Updated: librsync-1.0.0-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
New upstream release of librsync, including a security fix. Note
that the ABI for the librsync has changed, so the package now
Cygwin packaging changes:
* Main package renamed from rdiff to librsync.
librsync is a free software library that implements the rsync
remote-delta algorithm. This algorithm allows efficient remote
updates of a file, without requiring the old and new versions to
both be present at the sending end. The library uses a "streaming"
design similar to that of zlib with the aim of allowing it to be
embedded into many different applications.
rdiff is a utility included with librsync to compute and apply
signature-based file differences.
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.