This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: perl-5.18.2-1 (x86) [test] Attn Maintainers with perl reqs
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 17:33:04 -0500
- Subject: Updated: perl-5.18.2-1 (x86) [test] Attn Maintainers with perl reqs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I've uploaded the first test packages for the new perl-5.18.2, x86
only, today, as test package.
Most problems in the last weeks were on 32bit only, 64bit has a much
better address space.
perl, perl_vendor, perl_manpages, perl_debugbuild
I'll upload the new 64bit version and my own missing perl subpackages
in the next few
No problems expected, as my smoker is pretty stable on 64bit.
Note that perl-5.18 has some new and maybe unexpected syntax warnings.
And there are still some minor bugs lurking. That's the price we have to pay.
There are also some shiny new features, such as with Unicode.
I'll probably skip 5.20, and wait for 5.22 as this will probably have
and better security.
- updated perlrebase to use the rebase -s database with a systemperl
- improved automatic rebase with EUMM, not with Module::Build (using
- changed gcc-4 to gcc, g++-4 to g++ as there are no -4 variants anymore
Changes in perl_vendor:
- Replaced Crypt::SSLeay for CPAN::Reporter with Net::SSLeay,
IO::Socket::SSL to support hostname verification.
In the next few weeks I hope that all maintainers with perl as
requirement will have updated
their packages as test, or can verify that they don't need to update,
so that we can have
a unified switch over as with 5.14.
Only packages which link to libperl or are building XS libs need to
update as soon as possible.
The others might want to check if their perl scripts are still
running, so that the pain after the switch is minimized.
It's really easy now with cygport and only 2 lines needed:
It's only 173 setup.hints in those packages :)