This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: cabextract 1.3-1
- From: Kyzer <stuart dot caie at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 14:18:38 +0100
- Subject: Updated: cabextract 1.3-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Version 1.3 of cabextract has been uploaded.
cabextract is Free Software for extracting Microsoft cabinet files,
also called .CAB files.
See http://www.cabextract.org.uk/ for more details.
Since the last cygwin release (1.1), the following changes were made:
* "-t" option: Allows you to test that every file can be extracted
without having to extract it to disk. This also prints the MD5
checksum of the file.
* UTF-8 filenames are now decoded correctly.
* Large files (>2GB) are now searched correctly for cabinets.
* Bugs in all decompressors have been fixed. This includes fixing an
infinite loop caused by a carefully crafted MS-ZIP archive.
* MS-ZIP recovery has been improved. You will now get data from
within a bad block, up to the point it turned bad.