This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[1.7] Updated: OpenSSH-5.3p1-1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:09:43 +0100
- Subject: [1.7] Updated: OpenSSH-5.3p1-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I've just updated the Cygwin 1.7 version of OpenSSH to 5.3p1-1.
This is a new major upstream release. The Cygwin release is created
from the vanilla sources.
The official release message of 5.3p1:
OpenSSH 5.3 has just been released. It will be available from the
mirrors listed at http://www.openssh.com/ shortly.
OpenSSH is a 100% complete SSH protocol version 1.3, 1.5 and 2.0
implementation and includes sftp client and server support.
This release marks the 10th anniversary of the OpenSSH project.
We would like to thank the OpenSSH community for their support,
especially those who will continue to contribute code or patches,
report bugs, test snapshots or donate to the project during the
next 10 years. More information on donations may be found at:
This is a bugfix release, no new features have been added.
Changes since OpenSSH 5.2
* Do not limit home directory paths to 256 characters. bz#1615
* Several minor documentation and correctness fixes.
Portable OpenSSH Bugfixes:
* This release removes for support for very old versions of Cygwin and
for Windows 95/98/ME
* Move the deletion of PAM credentials on logout to after the session
* Make PrintLastLog work on AIX. bz#1595
* Avoid compile errors on FreeBSD from conflicts in glob.h. bz#1634
* Delay dropping of root privileges on AIX so chroot and pam_open_session
work correctly. bz#1249 and bz#1567
* Increase client IO buffer on Cygwin to 64K, realising a significant
* Roll back bz#1241 (better handling for expired passwords on Tru64).
The change broke password logins on some configurations.
* Accept ENOSYS as a fallback error when attempting atomic
* Fix passing of variables to recursive make(1) invocations on Solaris.
* Skip the tcgetattr call on the pty master on Solaris, since it never
succeeds and can hang if large amounts of data is sent to the slave
(eg a copy-paste). bz#1528
* Fix detection of krb5-config. bz#1639
* Fix test for server-assigned remote forwarding port for non-root users.
* Fix detection of libresolv on OSX 10.6.
- SHA1 (openssh-5.3.tar.gz) = f1b9a280565e916c1f84fd4d944313ec926242a2
- SHA1 (openssh-5.3p1.tar.gz) = d411fde2584ef6022187f565360b2c63a05602b5
- Please read http://www.openssh.com/report.html
Security bugs should be reported directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
OpenSSH is brought to you by Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt,
Kevin Steves, Damien Miller, Darren Tucker, Jason McIntyre, Tim Rice and
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com