This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: Cygwin Announce <cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:51:51 -0400
- Subject: Updated: rebase-2.4.4-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I have updated the version of rebase to 2.4.4-1. The tarballs should be
available on a Cygwin mirror near you shortly.
The changes since the previous release are:
* Change rebaseall to prevent "Argument list too long" errors as
* Change rebase to use modern method to find the image's
IMAGE_NT_SIGNATURE as suggested in:
* Change imagehelper library so it compiles under gcc 3.4.x
(and hopefully later) as suggested in an email from Jens Dill.
* Change rebaseall to use a tighter regular expression when
creating the rebase list.
The Cygwin rebase package contains two utilities, rebase and rebaseall.
The first utility is modeled after Microsoft's SDK rebase:
The rebaseall utility is a convenient way for users that suffer from the
Cygwin rebase problem to rebase their entire system (i.e., all of their
Please read the README file:
since it covers requirements, usage, known issues, etc.
I would like to thank Ralf Habacker for providing the imagehelper
library. This library has enabled me to create a rebase utility that
is usable by all Cygwin user (regardless of platform) on all DLLs
(regardless of stripping).
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6