This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 12:33:41 +0100
- Subject: Updated: OpenSSH-4.6p1-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I've just updated the version of OpenSSH to 4.6p1-1.
This is a new major upstream release. The Cygwin release is created
from the vanilla sources.
The only Cygwin-specific change in this version is, that the default
mode for writing files has been switched from textmode to binmode.
This fixes a problem when reading for instance sshd's pid file from
The official release message of 4.6p1:
OpenSSH 4.6 has just been released. It will be available from the
mirrors listed at http://www.openssh.com/ shortly.
OpenSSH is a 100% complete SSH protocol version 1.3, 1.5 and 2.0
implementation and includes sftp client and server support.
Once again, we would like to thank the OpenSSH community for their
continued support of the project, especially those who contributed
code or patches, reported bugs, tested snapshots and purchased
T-shirts or posters.
T-shirt, poster and CD sales directly support the project. Pictures
and more information can be found at:
For international orders use http://https.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/order
and for European orders, use http://https.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/order.eu
Changes since OpenSSH 4.5:
* sshd now allows the enabling and disabling of authentication
methods on a per user, group, host and network basis via the
Match directive in sshd_config.
* The following bugs have been fixed in this release:
- Clear SIGALRM when restarting due to SIGHUP. Prevents stray
signal from taking down sshd if a connection was pending at
the time SIGHUP was received
- sftp returned a zero exit status when upload failed due to write
errors (bugzilla #1252)
- fixed an inconsistent check for a terminal when displaying scp
progress meter (bugzilla #1265)
- Parsing of time values in Match blocks was incorrectly applied
to the global configuration (bugzilla #1275)
- Allow multiple forwarding options to work when specified in a
PermitOpen directive (bugzilla #1267)
- Interoperate with ssh.com versions that do not support binding
remote port forwarding sessions to a hostname (bugzilla #1019)
* Portable OpenSSH bugs fixed:
- "hang on exit" when background processes are running at the time
of exit on a ttyful/login session (bugzilla #52)
- Fix typos in the ssh-rand-helper(8) man page (bugzilla #1259)
- Check that some SIG records have been returned in getrrsetbyname
- Fix contrib/findssl for platforms that lack "which" (bugzilla
- Work around bug in OpenSSH 0.9.6e that broke aes256-ctr,
aes192-ctr, arcfour256 (bugzilla #1291)
- SHA1 (openssh-4.6.tar.gz) = c1700845be464a769428f34ef727c1f530728afc
- SHA1 (openssh-4.6p1.tar.gz) = b2aefeb1861b4688b1777436035239ec32a47da8
- please read http://www.openssh.com/report.html
OpenSSH is brought to you by Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt,
Kevin Steves, Damien Miller, Darren Tucker, Jason McIntyre, Tim Rice and
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com