This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: gdb-20060706-2 (also includes GUI "insight" debugger)
- From: Christopher Faylor <me at cgf dot cx>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 13:41:11 -0400
- Subject: Updated: gdb-20060706-2 (also includes GUI "insight" debugger)
- References: <20050327022314.GA12247@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20060707221634.GA31813@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I've made a new version of the gdb debugger available for installation.
This version is a refresh from the CVS repository on sourceware.org.
The package also contains the "insight" graphical debugger.
This version is a quick refresh to accommodate changes in gdb's configury
required to actually generate the insight binary. The previous release did
not contain insight due to these configuration changes. This release does
contain an "insight.exe" program.
Unlike most cygwin packages, my preference is that bug reports for the
insight debugger, and the tcl/tck packages that insight relies on,
should go to the insight mailing list at sourceware.org (the host of the
cygwin list and cygwin web site). If you do send a problem relating to
those packages to the cygwin mailing list, expect to be redirected
Remember that to start the insight debugger, you type "insight". Typing
"gdb" just brings up the command line debugger.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at the above URL.