This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 23:17:44 +0200
- Subject: Updated: cpio-2.6-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I've just updated the version of cpio to 2.6-1.
This is an official upstream release. The Cygwin version has two
minor tweaks. The package now contains also the rmt tool, which
is entirely untested. cpio passes all (two) tests in the testsuite.
What's new in 2.6?
* Added NLS support
* Improved configure script
* Improved invocation consistency checking and help output
* Printing warning about truncation of inode numbers is suppressed by
default. See below.
* New option --warning (-W) controls the level of output warnings:
-Wnone Disables all warnings
-Wtruncate Enable warning about truncation of the inode number
-Wall Enables all warnings
To disable a particular warning, prefix its name with 'no-', just
like in gcc.
* New option --to-stdout extracts files to standard output.
* The output of `cpio --help' is largely improved.
** If a file grew n bytes in copy-pass mode, these n bytes got prepended
to the contents of all subsequent files.
** Padding the archive with zero bytes upon truncation of the file being
archived was broken.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.