This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:35:35 -0500
- Subject: Updated: cygwin-1.5.12-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Changes since 1.5.11-1:
- Fix problem where stdout was closed when a thread exits. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix pipe problems with Windows 95. (Bas van Gompel)
- Fix race condition in fork which occasionally caused bash to think a forked
process had died prematurely. (Christopher Faylor)
- Properly deal with CTRL-C while a cygwin process is in startup code.
- Handle RTLD_DEFAULT in dlsym. (Sam Steingold)
- Don't try to use Windows "delete on close" for files on remote shares.
- Properly handle trailing dots in windows file names. (Pierre Humblet)
- Make the default /cygdrive "binary mode". (Christopher Faylor)
- Add siginterrupt declaration to signal.h. (Christopher Faylor)
- Use proper wait value for tty reads. (Mark Paulus)
- Properly reset SIGCHLD blocking after a spawn when there was no previous
signal blocking. (Christopher Faylor)
- Work hard to ensure that SYSTEMROOT environment variable is always passed
to new processes even when it has ostensibly been deleted. This should
fix some strange network problems. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Fix network slowdowns experienced by some firewall users.
- Fix return value for unbuffered fread. (Jason Tishler)
- Properly load registry hives and insure access to system mounts.
- Cleanup cygcheck and getfacl output. (Bas van Gompel)
- Add cygcheck warning about multiple cygwin DLLs. (Bas van Gompel)