This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
New Package: db-4.2.52-1
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:01:54 +0200
- Subject: New Package: db-4.2.52-1
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: "The Cygwin Mailing List" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
This is the initial release of The Sleepycat Berkeley DataBase v4.2
Canonical homepage: http://www.sleepycat.com/
The package is split into three parts:
1. `db' package contains the documentation.
2. `libdb4.2' package contains the runtime libraries.
3. `libdb4.2-devel' package contains import libraries and headers as
well as the utility executables (db_dump, db_load, ...).
The log file format changed in the Berkeley DB 4.2 release. No
database formats changed in the Berkeley DB 4.2 release.
For further information on upgrading Berkeley DB installations, see
'Upgrading Berkeley DB installations':
A detailed Changelog is available online at the Sleepycat Software
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick up
'db', 'libdb4.2-devel' or 'libdb4.2' from the 'Database' category,
click on the 'skip' field next to 'db', 'libdb4.2-devel' or
'libdb4.2' until '4.2.52-1' is displayed.
Different versions of DB may be installed at the same time using
setup.exe, however the symlinks needed to link against libdb will be
removed by the postinstall script and the last installed libdb-devel
package will be the one found by the linker when using -ldb on the
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update, please choose the one nearest to
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing
list is the appropriate place.
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
Gerrit P. Haase