This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Peter A. Castro" <doctor at fruitbat dot org>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Updated: zsh-4.2.0-2
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
An updated version of zsh (zsh-4.2.0-2) has been released and should be
at a mirror near you real soon.
This release fixes the following:
- Installation related bugs found in 4.2.0-1 postinstall script. This
would cause no /etc/zprofile to be copied on a fresh install on a
- Fix for running scripts from text-mode mounted filesystems. Previously
if you ran a script from a text-mode mount, and it had DOS CR/LF's line
termination, zsh would report ^M errors. The shell now opens such
files with O_TEXT which causes line termination to be massaged. I'll
be watching for problem reports concerning this as it was a broad
change, the implications of which haven't been fully realized yet.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now"
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list (see http://cygwin.com/lists.html).
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at the above URL.
Peter A. Castro <firstname.lastname@example.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>
"Cats are just autistic Dogs" -- Dr. Tony Attwood