This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Robb, Sam" <sam dot robb at timesys dot com>
- To: <cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:36:10 -0500
- Subject: nfs-server 2.2.47-2
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
The nfs-server package is now available for experimentation.
This package is a port of the Universal NFS server. It contains
an NFS daemon (rpc.nfsd) and a mount daemon (rpc.mountd). Unlike
other NFS daemons, this NFS server runs entirely in user space.
This makes it a tad slower than other NFS implementations, and
also introduces some awkwardnesses in the semantics (for instance,
moving a file to a different directory will render its file handle
Changes and limitations relative to the original nfs-server source:
* initial Cygwin port based on work by Rico Junio
* exports file access control checks disabled
* exented group info disabled
* added nfs-server-config script for initial setup
*** INSTALLATION ***
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions. nfs-server
is located in the "Net" category. Click on this category to install
nfs-server if it is not already installed. If nfs-server is already
installed, it will be updated automatically.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com . I would appreciate it if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
- Sam Robb (firstname.lastname@example.org)