This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
GNU emacs 21.2-11 is available
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 07:53:02 -0500
- Subject: GNU emacs 21.2-11 is available
- Organization: Spirent Communications
- Reply-to: joseph dot buehler at spirentcom dot com
GNU emacs 21.2-11 is available.
- optimized size of unexec()'d emacs binary for better fork() performance
- recompiled all LISP files (-9 did, but -10 did not, and that may have caused
problems reported by a couple users)
New users please be aware:
- You will want "tty" included in your CYGWIN environment variable
setting, and probably "binmode". Look at the following for some
*** INFORMATION ON UPDATING CYGWIN ***
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
In the US,
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.
is usually pretty good.
In the UK,
is usually up-to-date within 48 hours.
If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package
then you can either wait for the site to be updated or find another
The setup.exe program will figure out what needs to be updated on your
system and will install newer packages automatically.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com . This includes ideas and comments
about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.
If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list
is the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you have trouble, please use the resources at