This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- To: cygwin-announce at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: Updated: binutils-20000722-1.tar.gz
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:28:07 -0400
- Reply-To: cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com
On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 06:16:29PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
I've installed a new version of binutils in sourceware:/cygwin/latest/binutils.
- Fixes dllwrap problems found in binutils-20000625.
- Library search order has been changed to find dlls last when linking.
- Probably other random fixes or bugs have been introduced in the course
of normal binutils development. I'm not aware of any specific improvements
but there was a report of ordinals not working in def files. That has
not been fixed in this release.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin web page. This downloads setup.exe
to your system.
Run setup and answer all of the questions. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
choose a mirror site for your download. The 'sources' site is badly
overloaded. The mirrors below have the latest version of this package:
Note that if this is the first time that you've run the new GUI version
of setup, it may download the whole cygwin net release again. After
this point it will only download what is needed.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com . I would appreciate
if you would use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.
This includes ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
GDB/Cygwin Engineering Manager
Red Hat, Inc.