This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: Cygwin DLL 1.1.1
- To: cygwin-announce at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Updated: Cygwin DLL 1.1.1
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 00:51:24 -0400
I've updated the version of the cygwin DLL in 'latest/cygwin' to
This is *just* an update of the DLL and associated files. No other
packages are affected. However, updating the DLL may have positive
effects on things like "bash hanging" problems. Or not.
A partial, unordered list of what's changed is below. If anyone who
has submitted changes that are not below wants to chime in, please
To update your installation, create an empty directory, cd to it, and
download the latest version of setup.exe from the cygwin/latest
directory at a cygwin mirror site near you. For a list of sites
and click on "Mirror Sites".
Once you've downloaded setup.exe, you can type:
.\setup -u cygwin
Answer the questions as you did when you first installed cygwin. This
will then cause only the cygwin package to be updated.
You can also type just "setup cygwin" to always force cygwin to be
downloaded and installed. The "-u" option causes setup to only download
and install a package if it thinks that something has been updated.
Without the "-u" option the package .tar.gz will always be downloaded
Have fun. And, please, if you have questions don't send them to me
personally. Send them to email@example.com. There is
a team of dedicated professionals standing by in the mailing list
just waiting to answer your questions.
P.S. In case it isn't clear, the "cygwin" in the "setup cygwin" above is
just a generic package name. You can use a similar syntax to download
So, for instance:
setup -u fileutils
would currently be a "no-op" since the fileutils package has not
would, on the other hand, download whatever version of fileutils
is in the latest/fileutils directory and install it whereever
x o x o x o x o x
- /dev/random, /dev/urandom - new devices.
- regexp.h now in include directory.
- Export regsub()
- Export new inet_network function.
- Export new fchown, lchown, lacl functions.
- Hanging problem associated with console type-ahead has been fixed.
- Correct handling of ENOTDIR errno.
- Attempt to work around Windows 95 deficiencies when trying to delete files
that are opened.
- Detect extended keycode information for Windows 9x so that function keys will
- Fix problem with SIGSEGV, SIGFPE on Windows 95.
- select() - ensure that we always return activated fds when returning success.
- Add support for keypad 5 key.
- Fix gdb + ARM RDI + select() problem.
- Speed up access to remote directories, slightly.
- Fix for some "bash hangs" problems.