This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
New ash in latest
- To: cygann <cygwin-announce at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: New ash in latest
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna at vinschen dot de>
- Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 12:11:47 +0200
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat Company
I have uploaded new ash.tar.gz and ash-src.tar.gz files to
pub/cygwin/latest/ash on sourceware.cygnus.com. There are
some bugfixes and slightly changes in error output.
Especially the backquote bug found by Earnie Boyd is fixed.
The following occured in the previous versions of ash:
$ echo `cd /`
This was due to a general bug in the backquote handling.
Internal commands in backquotes were started in the shells
own context instead of forking a subshell. Corresponding
to the bugfixes of the FreeBSD and Debian versions the
latest ash now forks a subshell for each backquote operator.
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company