Re: Have you had a chance to review the s390/s390x patch?

Harold,
All,

On Saturday 21 November 2009 19:14:59 Harold Grovesteen wrote:
> I discarded my clone of the repository and created a new clone to get
> the latest repository content.  Is there an easier way to do this?  Just
> my mercurial ignorance showing.

hg pull && hg update

> Also cleaned out my install directory.
> Re-ran both samples.  I am happy to report, both ran fine.

Good! Thank you for testing!

> I saw what you did, combining the s390 and s390x .in and .sh into one
> .in and one .sh.

Yes, I've done it for all archs that had both a 32- and 64-bit variants.
Most were duplicating code, so now it should be easier to maintain.

> There are a couple of lists on which I would like to announce the
> availability of s390 in crosstool-ng.  Is there a plan for a new release
> anytime soon?  If there is, I will wait for that.  If not I will go
> ahead and announce.

The release plan is time-based, every four months or so. Last release was
early october, so next one should be in January, or early february.

If you want to, you can advertised s390{,x} availability, and point
people to the Mercurial repository.

> Also, are there any distros that provide a packaged version of
> crosstool-ng.  openSUSE doesn't seem to have one, at least that I could
> find.

I once tried to hace crosstool-NC packaged into Debian, but the proposal
was turned down. As for openSUSE, there are packages for /old/ versions
of crosstool-NG: http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=crosstool-ng

> Thanks, Yann, for the support,

Thank you!

Regards,