Re: Gen PC relative code m68k

geneSmith wrote, On 5/12/2004 4:33 PM:
Is it possible to compile with pc relative code and data references like
you can with MRI (microtec) compiler, i.e.,

mcc68k -Mcp -Mdp -c xsubs.c ?

The closest I can find in gcc is the position independent flag, i.e.,

gcc -c -fpic xsub.c

but this produces some section .got and .got.plt which I have no idea
how to use. I need to zero .bss and initialize .data also in a separate
routine (probaby assembly).

Is anyone familiar with this?

Tks,
-gene

For the record, this describes almost exactly what I was looking for.
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/1999-q1/msg00170.html
Thanks you Olivier Carmona!

--
-gene
"Lit up like Levy's" - Ancient folk saying