This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the CGEN project.
Re: [RFA:] In -build-operand!, -build-reg-operand, collect the natural mode, not the used mode,
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- To: dje at transmeta dot com
- Cc: hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com, cgen at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 04:33:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA:] In -build-operand!, -build-reg-operand, collect the natural mode, not the used mode,
> From: Doug Evans <email@example.com>
> Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:17:10 -0800 (PST)
> I think what we want to do is require all sets of registers
> to use the natural mode of the register.
> For registers like x86's al,ah,ax,eax, we can either
> - add set-partial, or some such
> - use (set (subword ...) ...)
> - require the description of additional registers that are
> smaller-mode aliases of the "real" register
> I think I prefer either of the latter two.
My vote is for (set (subword ...) ...)