This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the CGEN project.
Re: [RFA:] In -build-operand!, -build-reg-operand, collect the natural mode, not the used mode,
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- To: dje at transmeta dot com
- Cc: hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com, cgen at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 02:38:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA:] In -build-operand!, -build-reg-operand, collect the natural mode, not the used mode,
> From: Doug Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:50:25 -0800 (PST)
> Hans-Peter Nilsson writes:
> > (unit u-foo "Foo Unit" () 1 1 ()
> > ((dr INT -1))
> > () ()))
> > Consider the case where one insn accesses a register in multiple
> > modes, while another accesses it in one mode.
> I recognize the issue.
> But suppose each of those multiple-mode accesses feed into different
> units and suppose they're conditionally referenced. Collapsing
> them all into one would be wrong.
> The proposed new `rename' rtx would help here,
Yep. All my problems would be solved with the unit redirection
stuff (well, AFAICS). I won't argue about the modes if I get
that. Gimme! :-)