[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
bzip2 1.0.7 released
We are happy to announce the release of bzip2 1.0.7.
This is an emergency release because the old bzip2 home
is gone and there were outstanding security issues.
The original bzip2 home, downloads and documentation
can now be found at: https://sourceware.org/bzip2/
bzip2 1.0.7 contains only the following bug/security fixes:
* Fix undefined behavior in the macros SET_BH, CLEAR_BH, & ISSET_BH
* bzip2: Fix return value when combining --test,-t and -q.
* bzip2recover: Fix buffer overflow for large argv
* bzip2recover: Fix use after free issue with outFile (CVE-2016-3189)
* Make sure nSelectors is not out of range (CVE-2019-12900)
A future 1.1.x release is being prepared by Federico Mena Quintero
which will include more fixes, an updated build system and possibly
an updated SONAME default.
Please read his blog for more background on this: