This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Option to ignore symbol versioning?
- From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 13:55:57 -0500
- Subject: Option to ignore symbol versioning?
- Reply-to: noloader at gmail dot com
I want to avoid the memcpy/memmove workaround and "GLIBC_2.2.5 not
defined in file". The system should have a new enough version of Glibc
so the problem does not exist.
I'm looking at the ld.so(8) man page options, but I don't see a env
var to tell the linker to ignored it. (I'm looking for something like
How do I load the executable without those cursed versioned symbols?