This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: .gnu.build.attributes does not seem to be an ELF notes section
- From: "Ian Lance Taylor via binutils" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 11:57:09 -0800
- Subject: Re: .gnu.build.attributes does not seem to be an ELF notes section
- References: <CAKOQZ8yXBFvBOXeztOpJ=gzUP8vmD1MSafo2da+Hgb5bRqqLGQ@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 7:02 AM Nick Clifton <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Displaying notes found in: .gnu.build.attributes
> > Owner Data size Description
> > (NONE) 0x00000000 Unknown note type: (0x00000000)
> This is due to a bug that I introduced into strip which corrupted
> the notes in object files. (If the object file was stripped).
> The bug has now been fixed, but in the time between creating the bug
> ans fixing the bug glibc was rebuilt. And since glibc strips its
> crti.o and crtn.o object files, they ended up with corrupt notes.
> This then affected any program that was linked with these files.
> The glibc package should now be rebuilt, so if you update to the
> latest version and then relink your test program the problem should
> go away.
> Sorry about causing all of this fuss.
Ah, OK. Thanks. Works now.