This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] x86-64/Intel: fix CALL/JMP with dword operand
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich at suse dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 09:46:59 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] x86-64/Intel: fix CALL/JMP with dword operand
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 2:35 AM Jan Beulich <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> While dc2be329b950 ("i386: Only check suffix in instruction mnemonic")
> has made the assembler accept these in the first place (they were wrongly
> rejected before), the generated code was still wrong in that it lacked
> an operand size override. (In 64-bit code, other than in 16- and 32-bit
> ones, CALL and JMP with memory operands are all entirely unambiguous: No
> operand size can have two meanings.)
> 2019-11-XX Jan Beulich <email@example.com>
> * config/tc-i386-intel.c (i386_intel_operand): Also handle DWORD
> with 64-bit mode branches.
> * testsuite/gas/i386/x86-64-jump.s: Extend Intel syntax branch
> operand coverage.
> * testsuite/gas/i386/x86-64-jump.d: Adjust expectations.