This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] [RISCV] Support subtraction of .uleb128.
- From: Jim Wilson <jimw at sifive dot com>
- To: Kuan-Lin Chen <kuanlinchentw at gmail dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org Development" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 14:27:35 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [RISCV] Support subtraction of .uleb128.
- References: <CAJr6u0h3bsoK+-WXzs+ZHUi-GNb06MY8nDKD9=1JRFEGRp5r=A@mail.gmail.com>
On 11/27/19 12:11 AM, Kuan-Lin Chen wrote:
The data length of uleb128 is variable. So linker must recalculate the
value of the subtraction. The patch leave relocations in object files
so that linker can relocate again after relaxation.
I think we should have some agreement on the psABI change before we
accept binutils patches. We should give the LLVM/lld folks a chance to
comment. I see you did file a psABI pull request, and that there is no
discussion on that yet.
I haven't reviewed the patch yet. I took a week off, and am now trying
to catch up on the backlog.