This is the mail archive of the
binutils@sourceware.org
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [GOLD] PR24853, OSABI not set when STT_GNU_IFUNC or STB_GNU_UNIQUE symbols output
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 11:42:47 -0800
- Subject: Re: [GOLD] PR24853, OSABI not set when STT_GNU_IFUNC or STB_GNU_UNIQUE symbols output
- References: <20191002132938.GB7064@bubble.grove.modra.org> <20191002231529.GC7064@bubble.grove.modra.org> <20191016030722.GX10114@bubble.grove.modra.org> <20191118213410.GF13199@bubble.grove.modra.org>
>
> > > PR 24853
> > > * symtab.h (set_has_gnu_output, has_gnu_output_): New.
> > > * symtab.cc (Symbol_table::Symbol_table): Init has_gnu_output_.
> > > (Symbol_table::finalize): Set ELFOSABI_GNU when has_gnu_output_.
> > > (Symbol_table::set_dynsym_indexes, Symbol_table::sized_finalize):
> > > Call set_has_gnu_output for STT_GNU_IFUNC and STB_GNU_UNIQUE
> globals.
> > > * object.cc (Sized_relobj_file::do_finalize_local_symbols): Call
> > > set_has_gnu_output when STT_GNU_IFUNC locals will be output.
> >
> > Ping?
>
> I've committed this patch. I figure the design at least is reasonably
> obvious.
>
Thanks for bearing with me for the last few months. I'm going to start
working my way through the backlog.
-cary