Remove CR16C support?

I think it is past time to remove CR16C support.  CR16C was added in
2004, and only for ld.  gas and binutils support is lacking, and there
have been no commits to bfd/elf32-cr16c.c other than warning fixes or
global maintainers making changes to all targets.  I see no maintainer
listed for CR16C, and no commits from anyone at NSC supporting the
target.  Furthermore, at the time the CR16 support was added in 2007,
config.sub was changed upstream to no longer recognise cr16c as a
valid cpu.  That means the CR16C ld support is only available as a
secondary target by configuring with, for example,
--enable-targets=all or --enable-targets=cr16c-unknown-elf.  No
testing of the CR16C target is possible.

I realise CR16C is quite different to CR16 but in view of the above
I'm inclined to remove the target without putting CR16C on the
obsolete list for one release.

Objections?

--
Alan Modra