This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Powerpc64 does not generate copy relocation for shared library variable
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: kamlesh kumar <kamleshbhalui at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 13:33:49 +0930
- Subject: Re: Powerpc64 does not generate copy relocation for shared library variable
- References: <CABKRkggRyRTBB2apLnTTPBSF4rWB3RfoMCg140GLCC_Q5LcJjg@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 09:22:44AM +0530, kamlesh kumar wrote:
> which is referring to var which is defined in a shared library, while it
> should do copy relocation.
Why should it? Copy relocations are a hack! If you can do without
them, all the better.
Australia Development Lab, IBM