This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] [PowerPC] VLE update
- From: Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot ibm dot com>
- To: Alexander Fedotov <alfedotov at gmail dot com>, Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 12:50:21 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [PowerPC] VLE update
- References: <CAN8C2CrG3n5QP17Om=_0SwmLVOKi+Z9NV-oTKXsgnhhGd=N7cQ@mail.gmail.com> <20170827223428.GY3368@bubble.grove.modra.org> <CAN8C2CoL=Q+qbeYmFKScDR0ZihnEsrANYoy_qOF+QYUYVemail@example.com> <20170828131425.GE3368@bubble.grove.modra.org> <CAN8C2CrFgKgKjE5DHzfbk4+v0qrOL+0vp9gwtu2H5WANU1KThQ@mail.gmail.com> <20170829061727.GG3368@bubble.grove.modra.org> <CAN8C2CpixuaJaTcdV5eDVfWXygEUOjEubiMCYbTwVsvDLTdrgA@mail.gmail.com> <CAN8C2Coq+=z+fDE=-uYPhSf5Udr0731FwHiNdR6i3=DX0GVN-Q@mail.gmail.com> <20170904231509.GA22807@bubble.grove.modra.org> <CAN8C2CqZGw1D71dK2AG5H-EPURoSq6mjwBRP-y_CpgfhV_ny1g@mail.gmail.com>
Although I inherited this from Ryan Arnold some 7 years ago, I have
never attempted to build it. So I won't have much help to offer with that.
Verify that you have all the required software installed from the README
file. If you still can't build it, you will need to provide more
information about the problem you're having.
However, there's no need for you to build it, as it's out on the net in
a variety of places. Here's one:
On 7/24/19 8:49 AM, Alexander Fedotov wrote:
> Hi Bill and Alan
> I've tried to build PDF from that powerabi on github with no luck on
> linux machine. Bill, do you still support this?
> What do you think if we'll add R_PPC_VLE_PLTREL24 and
> R_PPC_VLE_LOCAL24 relocations after these years?
> On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 2:15 AM Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 04, 2017 at 10:41:14AM +0300, Alexander Fedotov wrote:
>>> Ping on a patch :)
>> Thanks for your patience. It's now committed with a small change:
>> I modified the section10.d gas test to pass for VLE rather than
>> disabling it.
>> Alan Modra
>> Australia Development Lab, IBM