Re: Disable R_X86_64_PLT32 generation as branch marker on Solaris/x86

Hi H.J.,

>> > Please create a subdirectory, solaris, with copies of those tests and
>> > skip original tests for Solaris targets so that the original tests can be
>> > updated without affecting Solaris targets.
>>
>> How would this help?  Do you want me to create copies of the affected .s
>> files and move the *-solaris.d files both to that solaris subdirectory?
>
> Yes.
>
>> If gas produces different output for identical input, the solaris .d
>> files have to be changed anyway, irrespective of their location.
>
> Not necessarily.  Initially both inputs are the same.  But it may
> change over time.

True, but in the overwhelming majority of cases, gas will produce the
same output on both Linux and Solaris.  When we stay with only one set
of .s files, one immediately notices the need to adapt the Solaris .d
files the next time make check is run, without any impact on other
targets.  We can still fork the inputs should it really becomes
necessary at some point.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University