This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[PATCH] RISC-V: Fix linker crash in section symbol check.
- From: Jim Wilson <jimw at sifive dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Jim Wilson <jimw at sifive dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 15:17:27 -0700
- Subject: [PATCH] RISC-V: Fix linker crash in section symbol check.
sym is only set for local symbols. h is only set for global symbols. Gas
won't let me create a global section symbol, but bfd appears to have some
support for that, and I can't rule out that other assemblers might do this.
So we need to support both, and verify sym and h are non-NULL before using.
Tested with cross build for 32/64-bit elf/linux. There were no regressions.
* elfnn-riscv.c (riscv_elf_relocate_section): For STT_SECTION check,
verify sym non-NULL before using. Add identical check using h.
bfd/elfnn-riscv.c | 4 +++-
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/bfd/elfnn-riscv.c b/bfd/elfnn-riscv.c
index 0a0ceb7930..bb114e59c7 100644
@@ -2059,7 +2059,9 @@ riscv_elf_relocate_section (bfd *output_bfd,
all relocs to update these addends. This is also ambiguous, as
we do allow offsets to be added to the target address, which are
not to be used to find the auipc address. */
- if ((ELF_ST_TYPE (sym->st_info) == STT_SECTION) && rel->r_addend)
+ if (((sym != NULL && (ELF_ST_TYPE (sym->st_info) == STT_SECTION))
+ || (h != NULL && h->type == STT_SECTION))
+ && rel->r_addend)
r = bfd_reloc_dangerous;