This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] gcc lto&binutils: Load different gcc's bfd-plugin automatically
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: JunMa <JunMa at linux dot alibaba dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 17:08:04 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC] gcc lto&binutils: Load different gcc's bfd-plugin automatically
- References: <email@example.com> <CAFiYyc38Cs0FW+ygAxQ03RXw8wBpfKab-XeuGCThCHyCOv4=pA@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, 5 Mar 2019, Richard Biener wrote:
> Well, why not go a step further and add a bfd-plugin note that suggests
> the plugin to be used if it is installed? That could contain for example
> lto_plugin_gcc8.so (to be installed in /lib/bfd-plugins/). Alternatively
> a full path could be specified (though the files wouldn't then necessarily
> work when moving between different compiler installs).
I think specifying full paths to code to execute in object files if very
dubious on security grounds.
Joseph S. Myers