This is the mail archive of the
binutils@sourceware.org
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Commit: Sync libiberty and add --no-recurse-limit option to binutils
On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 8:07 AM Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alan,
> > make[3]: Entering directory '/home/alan/build/gas/all/libiberty/testsuite'
> > FAIL at line 4429, options --format=gnu-v3:
>
> Oh fribble! Yes I forgot to check that the testsuite passed cleanly,
> and yes, I missed a case where the demangling limit should be turned off.
>
> Fixed by the attached patch which adds a --no-recurse-limit option to
> the demangler tester and uses it for the case that fails. (I did consider
> changing the demangling limit instead, but I thought that it would be
> better to have a test case that actually needs the limit to be turned off).
>
> Ian - is this OK for libiberty ?
>
> Cheers
> Nick
>
> libiberty/ChangeLog
> 2018-12-07 Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
>
> * testsuite/test-demangle.c (main): Add --no-recurse-limit option.
> * testsuite/demangle-expected: Use the --no-recurse-limit option
> for the test on line 4428.
Since this is apparently a real symbol from real code, can you find
out what the recursion limit would have to be to successfully demangle
it?
Ian