This is the mail archive of the
binutils@sourceware.org
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: objcopy with EFI x86_64 support
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- To: "Peter Wiehe" <peter dot wiehe2 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2018 03:34:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: objcopy with EFI x86_64 support
- References: <c3dba040-2ee7-e455-7d4f-7fd4f0ba0803@gmail.com>
>>> On 06.12.18 at 19:51, <peter.wiehe2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello binutils-list-readers,
>
> I'm completely new to building binutils from source.
>
> I'm on a GNU/Linux system (xubuntu 18.04 LTS 64bit).
>
> My goal is to build a version of objcopy that can support EFI x86_64.
>
> I've read that binutils 2.24 have that support. But I can build none of
> the 2 snapshots for 2.24 (make fails with errors but I guess for old
> versions the exact error messages are not interesting anymore).
>
> And after building building 2.30.0 (with enabling all targets) I found
> out that it has NOT efi x86-64 support.
Whatever "enabling all targets" might mean to you. Have you
tried passing --enable-targets=x86_64-pep to configure? That's
all I've needed in my builds, for quite a long time.
Jan