This is the mail archive of the
binutils@sourceware.org
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: build failure in aarch64-opc.c on macOS
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 09:28:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: build failure in aarch64-opc.c on macOS
- References: <87ftxkh3ec.fsf@tromey.com>
On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 7:31 AM Tom Tromey <tom@tromey.com> wrote:
>
> Hi. A recent patch caused opcodes to fail to build on macOS (High
> Sierra) using the version of clang I have installed (Apple's clang-902).
This looks like a clang bug ... {0} should have silienced the
-Wmissing-field-initializers warning. {0} has always been a way to
"0" out a structure without warning.
Thanks,
Andrew
>
> libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../binutils-gdb/opcodes -I. -I../../binutils-gdb/opcodes -I../bfd -I../../binutils-gdb/opcodes/../include -I../../binutils-gdb/opcodes/../bfd -I./../intl -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Werror -g -O2 -MT aarch64-opc.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/aarch64-opc.Tpo -c ../../binutils-gdb/opcodes/aarch64-opc.c -o aarch64-opc.o
> ../../binutils-gdb/opcodes/aarch64-opc.c:4674:35: error: missing field
> 'qualifier' initializer [-Werror,-Wmissing-field-initializers]
> aarch64_opnd_info blk_pred = {0}, inst_pred = {0};
> ^
> ../../binutils-gdb/opcodes/aarch64-opc.c:4674:52: error: missing field
> 'qualifier' initializer [-Werror,-Wmissing-field-initializers]
> aarch64_opnd_info blk_pred = {0}, inst_pred = {0};
> ^
>
> thanks,
> Tom