Are binutils 2.26 and earlier still maintained?

I'm trying to find out which binutils releases still have upstream support.

Is there a document to which I can point people?

On the glibc side, we generally only support toolchain components which still have upstream support, and binutils 2.26 and earlier have issues on some platforms. This is why I want to move the general minimum requirement to a later version, with upstream support.

Thanks,
Florian