How to create test suite .d files?

Thinking to make maintainers' lives easier, I submitted some test assembly
along with a patch.  What I haven't been able to figure out is how to
create the .d files in the test suite nor whatever documentation there is
regarding them.  While they is obviously a variation of objdump, when I run
it with the command line flags listed in other .d files, I don't get the
same output.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thank you,
Patrick Conlon