Re: ./test-driver missing in 2.31 tarball?

Hi Andreas, Hi Gabriele,

> I noticed that the gold testsuite fails completely in 2.31. It seems like the
> file test-driver is missing in the release tarball.
>
> Is this a mistake or is there some reason for it?

It is a mistake.  The test-driver file was added to the top level of the
binutils source directory, but it was not added to the src-release.sh
script used to make release tarballs.  Hence it was omitted.  (Plus when
I tested the release tarball I forgot to run the gold tests, which is why
I did not notice the omission).

It seems that the ar-lib file is also missing, although I think that that
is only needed for gdb.

Plus I really want to include the patch for PR 23409, so it looks like I am
going to have to make a point release. :-(  I will wait a couple of days
however just to see if any other problems surface.  Then I will make the
release.