This is the mail archive of the binutils@sourceware.org mailing list for the binutils project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: New x86 linker testsuite failure


On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 at 13:57, Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Guys,
>
>   Is anybody else seeing a x86 linker testsuite failure like this:
>
>     FAIL: Invalid allocated section
>
>   Which appears to be because the ld/testsuite/ld-i386/alloc test
>   is expected to fail:
>
>     succeeded with: <>, expected: <.*section `.foo' can't be allocated in segment 0.*>
>
>   I think that this has only recently started happening, but I have
>   not been able to track down the exact cause.
>

Hi Nick,

I do see the same regression:

It seems it appeared between
0d0b0ea29af6abc0790d22f843a3d0cb09424a3a: "Fix a memory leak in py-param.c"
and
57c0d77c2ce5e583dab322e05f8291bcbad0ccd3: "Use offsets instead of
addresses in ELF_SECTION_IN_SEGMENT for non SHT_NOBITS"

Christophe

> Cheers
>   Nick
>
>


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]