This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFC: x86: Enable -z separate-code by default
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 14:37:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFC: x86: Enable -z separate-code by default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20180219131555.GA22753@gmail.com>
On 02/19/2018 02:15 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
This patch enables -z separate-code by default for x86. To reduce
x86-64 binary size, set ELF_MAXPAGESIZE to 4KB.
What is the reason for doing that?
Wouldn't it need GCC changes as well to be truly effective?