This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Volunteer to maintain about-to-be-obsoleted targets
- From: Kean Johnston <kean dot johnston at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 14:24:34 +0200
- Subject: Volunteer to maintain about-to-be-obsoleted targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I would like to volunteer to maintain two targets due for obsolescence.
*-*-sco3.2v5* and *-*-sysv5. I know these particular targets had rather
(well deserved) emotional baggage in the past but I am still asked to
maintain ports for them due to my past involvement. In fact just this
weekend I compiled binutils for *-*-sysv5 in preparation for reviving GCC
support on that platform, should that team accept my changes.
Caveat: for the sco3.2v5* target only ELF will be supported. None of the
mixed mode COFF / ELF crap that is native to the platform.
So ask requested by the configure message, I am hereby stepping forward to
maintain these platforms.