This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove the stripped group section from linker output
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 18:12:34 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove the stripped group section from linker output
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20180212181340.GA22522@gmail.com> <20180213020152.GC30218@bubble.grove.modra.org> <CAMe9rOowjWt4gLz2=jjEbS=1muwQZ47MoLi2tegdELDcrkYTVw@mail.gmail.com>
On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 08:06:29PM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Like this?
Yes, but I'm wondering now if this is really the correct patch. We
have _bfd_elf_fixup_group_sections which is supposed to adjust
SHT_GROUP size when group member sections are discarded. If the size
went down to 4, then you could set SEC_EXCLUDE for the SHT_GROUP
However, it looks like that function doesn't handle group sections
with relocs properly. Fixing that isn't hard, but then I run into
other problems when setting SEC_EXCLUDE. :-(
So I guess you might as well commit your patch, and when/if I sort out
the other problems I'll remove is_discarded_group.
Australia Development Lab, IBM