This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PR22764][LD][AARCH64]Allow R_AARCH64_ABS16 and R_AARCH64_ABS32 against absolution symbol or undefine symbol in shared object under LP64 abi.
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Renlin Li <renlin dot li at foss dot arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>, ard dot biesheuvel at linaro dot org, arnd at arndb dot de, Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 12:53:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PR22764][LD][AARCH64]Allow R_AARCH64_ABS16 and R_AARCH64_ABS32 against absolution symbol or undefine symbol in shared object under LP64 abi.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Okay to commit and backport to 2.30 branch?
Approved for branch and mainline.
One thing though - and I am just being paranoid now -
can you get an indirect symbol that points to an absolute
If so, then you would need to enhance your check to follow
any indirect symbol to see what type it (eventually) becomes...