This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
FSF Binutils release 2.30 now available
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org, info-gnu at gnu dot org, dje dot gcc at gmail dot com
- Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 16:33:36 +0000
- Subject: FSF Binutils release 2.30 now available
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
We are pleased to announce that version 2.30 of the Binutils project
sources have been released and are now available for download at:
This release contains numerous bug fixes, and also the
following new features:
In the assembler:
* Add support for location views in DWARF debug line information.
In the BFD linker:
* Add -z separate-code to generate separate code PT_LOAD segment.
* Add "-z undefs" command line option as the inverse of the "-z defs" option.
* Add -z globalaudit command line option to force audit libraries to be run
for every dynamic object loaded by an executable - provided that the loader
supports this functionality.
* Tighten linker script grammar around file name specifiers to prevent the use
of SORT_BY_ALIGNMENT and SORT_BY_INIT_PRIORITY on filenames. These would
previously be accepted but had no effect.
* The EXCLUDE_FILE directive can now be placed within any SORT_* directive
within input section lists.
In the GOLD linker:
* Add support for .MIPS.options sections (MIPS only).
* Add support for compound relocations (MIPS only).
* Add --emit-stub-syms, --no-tls-optimize, --tls-get-addr-optimize options
* Add -z text-unlikely-segment option.
* Add plugin support for adding new input files (LDPT_REGISTER_NEW_INPUT_HOOK).
In the utilities:
* Add --debug-dump=links option to readelf and --dwarf=links option to objdump
which displays the contents of any .gnu_debuglink or .gnu_debugaltlink
* Add a --debug-dump=follow-links option to readelf and a --dwarf=follow-links
option to objdump which causes indirect links into separate debug info files
to be followed when dumping other DWARF sections.
Our thanks go out to all of the binutils contributors, past and
present, for helping to make this release possible.
FSF Binutils Project
PS. Here are the md5 checksums for the release tarballs: