Re: Binutils 2.28 on PowerPC: dangerous relocation: generic linker can't handle R_PPC_SECTOFF_HA

----- Am 1. Jun 2017 um 16:06 schrieb Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com:

> On Thu, Jun 01, 2017 at 01:08:02PM +0200, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> How can I end up with a generic linker?
>
> One way is when producing srec or binary output.  Like I said, a
> different output format to the input object files.  Perhaps you have
> a wrong OUTPUT_FORMAT in the script?

Thanks a lot for this hint. Someone commented out the OUTPUT_FORMAT() 17 years ago. I fixed this and got:

    ld: Warning: ticker.exe uses hard float, ticker.ralf uses soft float
    ld: ticker.exe: compiled normally and linked with modules compiled with -mrelocatable
    ld: failed to merge target specific data of file ticker.exe

I added --no-warn-mismatch and now I have the bootloader again with Binutils 2.28.