Re: SCORE target no longer has a maintainer

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> GCC has this:
>
> score port              Chen Liqin              <liqin.gcc@gmail.com>
>
> But there is no hint of score in the source tree. It was
> removed by Trevor Saunders in Oct 2014. gcc normally
> follows pretty strict procedures before removing a target
> so this is a strong hint it is dead.
>
> ================================
> commit f230ef81030498353b6f11553ffa76e81d27621a
> Author: tbsaunde <tbsaunde@138bc75d-0d04-0410-961f-82ee72b054a4>
> Date:   Sat Oct 4 14:53:41 2014 +0000
>
>     remove score-* support
>         libgcc/ChangeLog:
>         2014-10-04  Trevor Saunders  <tsaunders@mozilla.com>
> ================================
>
> >   I am not going to deprecate the SCORE target itself just yet.  I think
> >   that if no-one comes forward to take over the target in the next year or
> >   so though, then we will have to consider removing it.
>
> Looks like it is dead. But an email to Trevor and Chen Liqin
> would confirm that you can remove it this week.
>
> What was the SCORE anyway? It's such a common term that I couldn't
> find a hit for the CPU.

 Try S+core, e.g.: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%2Bcore>.  Sunplus's
web site seems alive, last updated this month only, so perhaps enquiring
contacts listed at the top of BFD files or maybe <IP_support@sunplus.com>
will confirm their further interest or the lack of in binutils support.

 FWIW,

  Maciej