Re: [1/9][RFC][DWARF] Reserve three DW_OP numbers in vendor extension space

On 28/12/16 19:54, Cary Coutant wrote:
   OK on this proposal and to install this patch to gcc trunk?

Hi GDB, Binutils maintainer:

   OK on this proposal and install this patch to binutils-gdb master?

include/
2016-11-29   Richard Earnshaw  <rearnsha@arm.com>
              Jiong Wang  <jiong.wang@arm.com>

         * dwarf2.def (DW_OP_AARCH64_operation): Reserve the number 0xea.
This is OK, but:

+/* AARCH64 extensions.
+   DW_OP_AARCH64_operation takes one mandatory unsigned LEB128 operand.
+   Bits[6:0] of this operand is the action code, all others bits are
initialized
+   to 0 except explicitly documented for one action.  Please refer
AArch64 DWARF
+   ABI documentation for details.  */

Is it possible to include a stable URL that points to the ABI document?

-cary

As this patch has got approve from GCC, is it OK to install into binutils-gdb master?

My understanding is "include/dwarf2.def" is shared between GDB and Binutils.

This patch and the described AArch64 DWARF proposal has got GDB ack from https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2016-11/msg01008.html which, from my understanding, is a conditional approval given there is follow up GDB patches on multiplexing DW_CFA_GNU_window_save.

  This patch still need Binutils approval.

  Thanks.

Regards,
Jiong